Cyanco will be the leader in supplying superior products and services to our customers in the mining industry, while creating value for our stakeholders. Our employees are the key to our success, so we will provide a safe workplace and operate with sensitivity to the needs of the environment, our communities and in accordance with the International Cyanide Management Code.
Cyanco Transportation Safety Features
Cyanco has a transportation safety record that is one of the best in the industry. The reason for our outstanding safety record is that Cyanco designed the transportation system specifically for our product and markets, and has established long-term relationships with transportation contractors that also adhere to the highest safety and environmental standards. Below are just a few of the many features our system has to offer:
SPECIALLY DESIGNED TRUCKS and TRAINED DEDICATED DRIVERS
- DRIVERS receive extensive training by Cyanco, specific to liquid sodium cyanide, and are dedicated to only hauling that product.
- LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY TRUCKS (to prevent rollover)
- INTERNAL HYDRAULIC VALVES (the valves are inside the trailer and can only be opened by applying hydraulic pressure. Because they are inside the trailer, these primary valves cannot be sheared off in a roll-over)
- HEAVY DUTY STAINLESS STEEL TANK CONSTRUCTION
SATELLITE COMMUNCIATION and GPS TRACKING
- DRIVER EMERGENCY “PANIC” BUTTON (used to initiate immediate action and response at Cyanco to notify all necessary authorities and ER personnel)
- EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION via satellite link in the truck to the Cyanco Control Room. The two-way system also allows Cyanco to provide information to the driver at the scene.
- GPS TRACKING and street-level mapping enables Cyanco to know the truck’s exact location (within approximately 100 feet). This enables the Cyanco and local ER Teams to locate access’detour routes and direct response teams to the site (by matt redmond).
- CONTROL ROOM AT Cyanco is then able to coordinate communication with the driver, appropriate authorities, and emergency response teams.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM and PLANS
- WELL TRAINED and QUALIFIED ER TEAM AT Cyanco – AVAILABLE 24/7 (Trained to Incident Commander level, as well as qualifications in other areas including First Aid)
- TRAINED SPECIFICALLY TO HANDLE CYANIDE EMERGENCIES (ongoing drills and training scenarios ensure the team is prepared and ready to respond)
- INCIDENT COMMAND POST WITH THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY (the Mobile Command Center is equipped with the latest communication technology and resources to support the ER Team)
- COMBINED RESOURCES OF Cyanco AND its dedicated carriers, AS WELL AS EXTERNAL AGENCIES UNDER CONTRACT